Thursday 24 May 2018

Buddymeter Cheat

While surfing facebook, I had come across many friends posting their buddymeter quizzes. As a person who likes to test the system, I decided to poke around to see how "professional" this website was done up and immediately hit the shortcut "ctr+u". Apparently it was done in a very simplified manner, and the answers to the quiz was simply stored in a variable.

The source file of the buddy quizzes seemed to be obfuscated by this website - the first link in google when you search "javascript obfuscator". This was also the same obfuscator I used to protect my CAP calculator source code.

How to use the cheat:

Step 1:
(Firefox) Right click the link below and select "Bookmark this link".
(Chrome) Press Ctr+Shift+B to open the bookmarks toolbar. Click and drag the link onto the bookmark toolbar
(Safari) Click (hold) and drag the link below to the "Bookmarks" bar

BM Reveal - by lifeofabioengineer.blogspot.com


Step 2:
Open your friend's quiz, and click on the bookmark you've just added. The answers will be revealed


Why don't you test it out right here on a sample quiz I've created.
https://buddymeter.com/quiz.html?q=n4qdFMX


I have a feeling once buddymeter discovered this post, it would change its code. Do drop a comment below to notify me when it stops working!

21 comments:

  1. Interesting find..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, I think that there may be a limitation to iPhone users. A possible solution to overcome this may be to copy the javascript bookmarklet code and manually paste it into the url bar of safari on the buddymeter quiz page. Cheers

      Delete
  3. It still works! It's almost 2019! I think that buddymeter doesn't really care or didn't see this yet. I did it on chrome, and it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It still works on my side. You might have disabled javascript, or perhaps you had accidentally added the link in step 2 instead of step 1.

      Delete
  5. Can I get some help? i don't get how to do it. I click and it brings me to the website. It doesn't show me the answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you had accidentally bookmarked the link in step 2 instead of step 1.

      Delete
  6. Still works fine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still Working

    ReplyDelete
  8. Works pretty well on Android devices when I use chrome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. For Chrome on android, right click that link > Copy link address

      Then navigate to the buddymeter page, in the url type the following, replacing PASTE_CLIPBOARD_HERE with what you've just copied

      javascript:PASTE_CLIPBOARD_HERE

      Delete
  9. Firefox user here, still works pretty well. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there a way to figure out who took your quiz? Some anonymous bully had their name as an insult to my friend. I would love to out them so at the very least she could block them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that's not possible. You may try creating different quizzes with different links, and give your friends unique links. You'll able to find out who the bully is from which quiz appears the anonymous bully

      Delete
  11. How do you get the link on your browser from snapchat

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I click on the sample quiz, it links me to the BuddyMeter website in which it reads, "This Quiz does not exists."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, after navigating to the buddymeter page, starting the quiz, and entering into the URL the javascript you posted above on 3/18/2020, chrome takes me to google as if i'm attempting to search for the javascript.

      Delete
  13. I get an error where the variable doesn't exist. I checked the console and questionArray isn't an existing variable. Any help?

    ReplyDelete